Monday 2 November 2009

Listening to audiobooks in order to sleep. Neurotic ?

I have this habit of listening to audio books in order to sleep. I don't need to carefully listen to them really, I just hit play and sleep.
When someone visits me and stays over for the night, I refrain from doing it then it feels like something is missing and falling asleep becomes much more difficult.
This habit follows specific patterns, it's kind of periodic and divided into cycles, where every cycle I would listen to the exact same audio book for weeks and weeks, then have a pause (nothing planned) where I would go back to some other sleeping rituals (usually reading or watching the same movie (or book) for a while), then start over with another audiobook for another cycle.
Am I neurotic ?
(currently I'm on a Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet cycle hence the title of this blog)

By the way, if you are interested in neurotics, there is a website called I am neurotic full of them. After a tour in there, I figured out that there was no shame in talking about mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment