Thursday 12 November 2009

Cars


I was watching How I met your mother season 02 episode 17 "Arrivederci Fiero" earlier today, and that episode brought back a whole flow of old memories.
The old Fiero .. reminded me of my best friend's 1984's Fiat Uno (the picture to the left), I used to ride it on a  nearly daily basis up to 4 years ago. That car was so old, so wrong, ... so cool !
The car's engine used to sunk and stop whenever it "smelled" rain (we have even followed a little dry spot of sunlight on a rainy day once for some miles). When we were up a slope, we used to open the doors and help the car moving forward with our feet just like the flintstones.. there are so many stories about the good ol' Fiat Uno, that I think it might come back in other posts.
The other event the episode reminded me of was Driving (see the video in the buttom of the post) ! I tried that once with another best friend of mine (lol, I have quite a few "best friends" ..) in a remote place from my city, and that looked exactely like Barney learning to drive with Ted .. I was running the car at like 10 mph, and far ahead there were people crossing the street , so I freaked out and starting shouting to my friend that I was going to kill them, and that I don't know how to brake anymore. I was shivering and sweaty, while my friend was laughing and having the time of his life, I still can't think of it as funny - even though the scene in the series was - eventually I stopped the car, and I don't think I ever tried driving afterwards .. the idea might  have crossed my mind a couple of times, but I can always talk myself out of it.
Next summer I may try for a driver's licence back in Tunisia, cause I think it's essential for work and life in general, I start feeling the need for a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment